The Gabba is an icon of the Brisbane landscape and is the home ground for the Brisbane Lions, Brisbane Heat and Queensland Bulls. It is regarded as an impenetrable fortress for the Australian cricket team, with one of the best cricket wickets in the world.
First established in 1895, the Gabba has hosted many major events including cricket, AFL, baseball, rugby league, rugby union, Olympic soccer and most recently two sell-out Adele concerts.
The venue has 42,000 capacity and a range of function and meeting spaces that are used extensively throughout the year. The stadium boasts unrestricted views of the oval playing surface from all areas making it ideal to host international sporting and entertainment events.
The Gabba is a major sporting and entertainment facility owned and operated by Stadiums Queensland.
THE GABBA STADIUM FACILITIES
There are a range of facilities and services available at The Gabba for patrons and venue hirers to utilise.
Seating capacity (42,000 seats)
- 34,735 general admission seats
- 4,200 member seats
- 2,609 corporate seats
- 228 wheelchair positions
- 228 carer seats
Corporate facilities for hire
- 118 open-air corporate boxes accommodating up to 11 people
- 90 air-conditioned corporate suites accommodating up to 18 people
- 11 function and dining rooms catering for events with up to 800 guests
Player / athlete facilities
- 166 metre x 148 metre oval playing surface
- Outdoor cricket practice nets
- Indoor cricket practice nets
- 2 AFL exclusive use change rooms
- 4 cricket exclusive use change rooms
- Player auditorium and media room
- 33 entry turnstiles
- 19 passenger lifts
- 4 escalators
- 4 goods lifts
- 31 food and beverage outlets including cafes
- 26 fixed bar outlets
- 7 merchandising outlets
- 90m² and 40m² video replay screens
- TV and radio broadcast booths
- Event technical operations room
To find out more about The Gabba's non-game day venue hire options, please visit our Venue Functions and Stadium Hire pages.